Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my cat may be alergic to meat. (You may see my other message "poopie problems for big cat") Well I realized that she does well concerning her BM's when she is on a diet that consists of meat bi-products and chicken meal, instead of real whole meat.
Anyone else have a cat that can't handle meat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Cat is eating meow mix right now, and is doing better on it. However she has been on Hills I/D, Iams Lamb and rice, Iams chicken and rice and science diet sensitive stomach.
When i talk about her eating meat, that would be the first main ingrediant in the cat foods she eats. I know that an ideal diet would be to avoid bi-products and junk like that, but with my experiances with feeding her, it seems she has better BM's on the cheaper less healthy foods. I have also tried rice and boiled chicken but she refuses to eat anything other than dry food. (She is so picky she doesn't even eat cat treats.)
I have been back and forth from the vet, and the next step is a anal scope and full blood panel. Obviously this is what I am trying to avoid since it will cost me about $500! I am just confused with what to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.