Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago a former mystery kitten from the basement moved into the rest of the house and she is really enjoying people a lot. However there is a problem between her and my other cat a 2 year old Socks.

When Socks are Gateway are together they are fine. Sometimes they sleep together, sometimes they share my lapt but rarely they play together.

When Tux and Gateway are together, they play together a lot and often sleep together. :2kitties

When Socks and Tux are in the same room, a big fight breaks out. I know the difference between friendly playing fight and a bad ally cat fight, and this kind I'd need to call SWAT to come out in full riot gear just to break them up.

I thought a few month would have been enough for both to get used to each other but clearly they aren't liking each other's company at all. Tux has taken to hiding behind my computer monitor on my desk when Socks is in the house.

:???:

Would anyone have an idea why they are so hostile? :sad2 Both Tux and Socks are spayed, and Gateway is neutured. My impression was that female cats generally got along better and both Socks and Tux are female.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Maybe Socks thinks Tux is gonna steal her boyfriend :) haha this is a tough one. You say it's been months and they still arnt getting along?? The only thing I would say is give it more time. I had this problem when I introduced a kitten to a previous older grumpy female I had. She was not happy about this bouncy new smelly kitten in her house. It took a lot of time but eventually when the kitten got a little older she came around and they ended up cuddling and playing together. I bet it will happen. You just gotta let it be. Are you giving the new kitten more attention than Socks? That might not be helping her grumpyness ;) I know it didn't help mine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Typically the dynamic that gets along best is 2 males or a male and female. I'm sure others may have some specific suggestions and I hope it works out for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts