Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitten (6 - 7 weeks old ) is sad I think. She doesn't want to eat or play or be hold. What can I do? I can feel all her bones.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I agree, that doesn't sound like a sad kitten, she sounds like a sick one. Big red flag when a kitten won't eat, they're usually little food vacuums.

EDIT: typo!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just came back and thanks God she's not sick. At this point I don't know what else to do. She doesn't eat anything. I gave her canned food, dry food, infant formula, and she wouldn't eat. Probably she's just very sad. I spend all day with her and I try to play with her and nothing. Probably she's used to be around other kittens and I can't have another one. The vet admitted she's a little undernourished, she weights less than half a pound. I would do anything to make her feel better even if that means to give her up. :cry:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
So, now that she's actually been to the vet, what did they say about her vomiting the other day? And, what advice did they give in terms of food. Is she drinking anything? From your post it sounded like they just kind of sent you on your way.

I'm surprised that the shelter on petfinder.com adopted her out at such a young age. Was she more active before you took her home?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That doesn't sound very good at all - you seem to be doing what a loving pet parent does - playing with and giving love and affection to their baby on a regular basis. You may want to check with another vet for a second opinion as far as her physical exam goes.
Best of luck I will be keeping your kitty and you in my thoughts - may she get better soon!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally I just received a list of the things the vet did to my kitten on her first visit. it says:
6/26/04 Felv/ Fiv NEG
6/26/04 to 6/29 has had diarrhea getting solid (yeah right!!)
6/29 vaccination > falocell 4
6/30 began with canned food and ate well
0.33 paracur for the next 3 days
7/10 one drop advantage
the funny thing is that she is a male!! gotta change name :) )

finally she's eating a little bit. I have to put the food in her mouth though. Diarrhea is less watery i hope it'll get better soon.

I've posted some pictures in this web site
http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/cleopatra?WT.mc_n=Blog&WT.mc_t=Email
the password is : cleo
as you can see all she does is to sleep!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm very happy to hear your kitten is doing okay!! He's soooo cute!! I have a 10 wk old black kitty and I can just picture them together :p

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
She's soooooo cute. She's much smaller than i thought, she's just a wee little thing. Glad you have some more history on her. She'll probably get more active in the next few weeks. Once my kitten hit about 8 weeks she was ALL over the place. And it really did seem to happen almost overnight.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
That's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear that.
We're thinking of you and we're here if you want to talk. Again, I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I would get back with the vet - it is not normal for them to send home a kitten on the verge of dying -
Your baby should have been put to sleep
I hope you will get some valid explanations

I am really sorry ..may she rest in peace

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I agree about the vet comment. In my last post i was hesitant to say anything, but through all your efforts I feel like you were misguided throught the entire process. It actually started with the shelter your recieved your kitten from. They should not have let her go in that condition. For her to be that sick and the vet just send you home and tell you she's "not sick" is very alarming.

On the flip side we know you did the best you could, you were trusting the vet's judgement and it was unfortunate that this happened. But, your kitty was loved every moment. Hang in there!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts