Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoo Kali went to the vet today and they said everything looked good. :) I'll summarize it.

First off, I was upset because my Mom got off work late so I thought we weren't going to have time to take Kali to the vet. Then, she had to stop at the bank and get gas. (She got home at 4 and we left at 4:10 and by the time we got done with the bank and gas it was 4:20) By then I told her it was pointless and we should just turn around and go home. She didn't. I was getting frustrated because it was almost 4:30 and I was sure we weren't going to make it since they closed at 5 and we had almost a 15 minute drive. We went the backroads which we could go a little faster on and barely made it in there. We arrived at 4:40 almost and they had time to squeeze us in.

The vet was great! He was friendly, gentle, and he even shook my hand at the end. He checked her ears and mouth along with her lungs/heart, stomach, rear, face, everything. He gave her series number one of her kitten shots and gave her worm medicine to de-worm her. It was HILARIOUS because when he was feeling her stomach he said "She's pregnant." All serious. He had my Mom speachless for a minute but I just let out a little laugh because I knew it wasn't possible. My Mom sat there for a second and he was like, "I was just checking if you were paying attention. She's too young to be pregnant." He said with a smile. He then said she was healthy and gave her back to us and gave us a shot record for her and told us to come back in three weeks to get her next series of shots. Kali did SOOOO well for her first visit. She didn't even try to escape like I thought she would. She sat perfectly on the table and didn't make a sound. I was happy.

We came home and now all is well. Kali is resting/sleeping as we speak. I've had her for exactly a month now. She is 12 weeks old. I was a little late to get her started on her kitten shots but it's because we were going to go about 2 or 3 weeks ago but we had to work around my Moms work schedule and wait until she had enough money from her checks. Anyway, have a good day. I just wanted to let you guys know my kitten is healthy. :)

- Randy

·
Registered
755 Posts
:D That's good news. I'm glad to hear your kitten is healthy. You sound like you have a very friendly veterinarian. I've taken Chester, one of my cats to the vet before and had a very unfriendly veterinarian. It's good to hear Kali had a pleasant visit her first time.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hey, Psi (13 wks) just got vaccinated today too! And he has basically been sleeping since - just getting up for a little while to say hi but then back to sleep. Is this normal for him to sleep so much after being vaccinated? He really tired himself out MEOWING like crazy in the car. I just don't want him to get a fever again....my vet said that sometimes the vaccination can trigger calicivirus (which is what he had after we got him but he's been well now for 2 weeks). When should he be up and active again?

Thanks
tanyuh

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awwww! I'm sure he's just a little sore from being vaccinated so he's resting. That's what Kali has been doing also. And if I bother her she meows at me. But she ate her normal amount for "dinner" and she followed me when I left the room so I know she's ok....... she must have just had a big day today. I assume thats the same with Psi. :) :p I wouldn't worry unless something drastically changes like not eating etc. Good Luck and Give Psi a big hug from Kali. ;) :p LOL Have a good day bye!

-randy

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yes, I agree with BlueAnimal. Your kitty probably just tired himself out from meowing and worrying. He should be better in about a day. If you’re still worried about Psi, simply keep an eye on him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts