Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well oliver was choking again like the video in my other thread

http://www.catforum.com/forum/38-health-nutrition/137290-hairball-noise-should-i-take-him-vet.html

SO we took him strait to the 24 hour pet hospital. We didn't care about costs or anything but we were so worried because he was at some points having an impossible time inhaling. So we go, the vet checks him out. and he says that there is something wrong in the lungs. and that it may be allergies, or a lung disease, fibro lungs something or other, or something "mechanical" like something formed badly inside him from birth. So he gave him an anti inflammatory shot and sent us on our way. We asked what could we do if he does it again? bring him in? help in some way...what he said? nothing. you shouldn't do anything.

As SOON as we got in the car its come back. and now its worse then ever. I dunno what to do

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I think I would take him to another vet for a second opinion. Poor Oliver, must be really uncomfortable for him not being able to get a good breath, and scary for you. Hope you're able to get a diagnosis of what's wrong with him.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this is the second vet we have taken him to. hes still doing the noises atm and its basically non stop. this was suppose to be the best vet in campinas. *Sighs*

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The only thing I can think of would be to find out if there is a cat internist nearby. Although one would think there would have been one at the animal hospital. If it was asthma the anti-inflammatory should have helped.

My cat Lily has done this a couple of times; once Sat after I finished vaccuming, so I figured probably dust bothers her. I'm going to try to keep my house as clean as possible and am thinking about getting a Hepa air filterer. (would be good for me too)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts