Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some major thinking, I've decided that I want to go back to school and study to become a vet tech. The problem is I have no clue as to how to research this. Are there schools that are vet specific? I've heard of the Bel-Rea Institute, but they're in Colorado and I can't afford to move there. Does anyone know if there is a similar place in Southern California that I could possibly attend? And what about volunteering at a local vet? Would that help me?

Any suggestions/thoughts/comments will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Whoa! If you don't think you can afford Colorado, don't even consider Southern California! 8O It's ridiculous. :?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
marie73 said:
Whoa! If you don't think you can afford Colorado, don't even consider Southern California! 8O It's ridiculous. :?
You don't have to tell me, Marie. I'm only about 2 hours north of you. If my two younger kids were older, I would consider moving to Colorado. But since this divorce business is in full swing, I emotionally can't afford to move out of state...no matter how much I want to at this moment.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Alot of schools offer vet tech programs. Working with a local vet to get an idea if that is something that you want to do is a great idea.

Good luck to you!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
And your vet may be able to steer you toward a good school....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts