Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the Vetri-Lysine Plus Cat treats and do you know if it's okay to give them to a 3 month kitten?

Ingredients: Per 2 Chews: L-Lysine, 250 mg; N,N-Dimethylglycine (DMG) HCl, 50 mg. Inactive Ingredients: brewers yeast, canola oil, chicken liver flavor, citric acid, glycerin, mixed tocopherols, propionic acid, proprietary blend (maltodextrin, sodium alginate and calcium sulfate), rosemary extract, silicon dioxide, soy lecithin, vegetable oil.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Is your kitten having a herpesvirus flare-up? If not, there's no reason to be giving L-lysine, esp. mixed with so many other ingredients that are not part of a feline species-appropriate diet. If your kitten is having a herpes flare-up, by all means give L-lysine. Otherwise, just feed a healthy diet. Cats and kittens have no need for treats.

Laurie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My kitty doesn't have any symptoms other than sneezing. No watery eyes, no discharge from nose, no coughing. Just sneezing - maybe dust. So will take your advise and won't give the treats to her until I know for sure.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I gave them to my adult kitties who had respiratory problems and eye gunk after I first got them. Now that they're settled and the symptoms have gone away, I've stopped it. Don't know about giving it to kittens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts