Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a lot about putting apple cider vinegar on cats coats to help with their health and fleas, i have been considering this as a treatment to my cats, is there anything i should take into consideration?

i heard dilluting it half water half vinegar is best

How often should you apply it to your cats?

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I've never heard of putting it ON them but I knew of an old bird dog trainer who would add it to dogs kibble to prevent fleas.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't know if apple cider vinegar has any positive impact or if that's just an old wives' tale. I recall reading to use it daily, but the same article recommended you mix the vinegar with water in a plastic bottle and then spray it on your cat...which suggested to me that whomever wrote the article didn't know too much about cats! I've never used it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
We don't put it on our cats, they drink it in their water dish. It does help prevent fleas, heartworm, joint stiffness, tummy issues.. among other things. :) We use it in our cooking to prevent heartburn, too! I drink it in my water (when I remember) to help with heartburn and so mosquitos don't find me so yummy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my wife and i drink it in our water too :)

we started spraying it on their coats for two reasons, one if they have fleas on it it can act as a flea repellent and possibly kill them (not sure about this one 100%) and also everytime we spray them the first thing they do is start licking themselves compulsively and so they inevitably ingest some, which helps them clean from the inside.

I did a lot of research, everything seems positive, just wondering if anyone had results and if it actually kills the fleas

its better than flea poison for sure..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Definately better than poison. :) Good for you for finding healthy alternatives! Have you looked into Diatamaceous (sp? i never spell it right :( ) earth as well? We use that around the outside or our home (and inside when necessary).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts