Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I stayed at home and help with the cleaning.
I sprayed the bathtub with a cleaner and left it to stay for a while.
I sat and read a magazine and then my cat began to move suspiciously around me and suddenly bite my hand then when to a corner and began to meow wildely.
Catiously I went to other room but the cat continued its agressive behaviour and three or four times chase me violently; that continued for around three days and then it stop and everything went to normality.
That strange behaviour was reserved only to me, never to my wife or daughter.
Today again I stayed home and again decided to clean the bathtub, I sprayed and left the cleaner to act while the cat was sleeping in the living room. I went to the living room and once again its agressive behaviour began, meowing, yelling .... I had to put him in his cage.

.... is it the cleaner?? ... its name is "Tile Plus Mildew Stain Remover", the list of chemicals it contains is as follows: Sodium Hypochlorite, Detergents, Sodium Hydroxide and Fresh Scent.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I believe the product also might mentions using in a well ventilated area. Is there a way you can open a window? or shut the door while the chemicals are being used? Perhaps you can try an environmentally safe tile cleaner. I'm glad that you are aware and trying to seek a remedy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm investigating the case and it is what I've found until now:

"Clorox Bleach Warning. New CLOROX ULTRA is sodium hypochlorite & sodium hydroxide. Sodium hydroxide is LYE. Lye was added to make bleach work faster. While lye is used in making basic soaps, it is also very difficult to rinse off surfaces. DO NOT USE ULTRA CLOROX around pets (or children)! Do not use Ultra Clorox to disinfect floors, kennel runs, carriers/crates, litter boxes or feeding/water dishes! Because felines groom their paws, it is dangerous to cats. This is a warning to ALWAYS check labels on any "new and improved" product labels."

If yor get more information please let it know, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts