Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going on vacation next month, right after graduation. My first big girl vacation all by myself. My brother is going to be watching Vala for me while I'm gone. He's done it before, but I'm going to be gone longer than before, and his schedule has changed making it difficult for him to get across town to my apartment. So Vala is going to stay with him. So we decided to go for a visit so she had time to explore and see the apt while I was still there. Sort of a test run.

I just can't tell. Do you think she felt comfortable there?

But seriously, any advice for leaving your baby behind? She'll have her liter box and food and we'll take some of her toys and the smaller of her scratching posts/trees. She's met my bro and his roommate, she's explored the apt...I'm not sure what else I could do to prepare her, but leaving her is so hard.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
send along a t-shirt or the like that you have worn and has your scent on it, it can be placed in her bed for reasurance...

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Nope, she's not comfortable at your brother's house at all :love2

·
Registered
51 Posts
All she needs is the remote, a bag of chips, and beverage of choice. I agree with the shirt or blanket thing. I did that with one of my daughters stuffed animals before she was born and I had to search ebay for another one because it was her favorite for several years and she kept losing it. It was her security blanket and she couldn't sleep without it. But it seems like your kitty feels safe at your brothers. Have a great vacation!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vala looks like one happy secure cat!
The personal scent item gets a third vote, if you are leaving for several weeks you can even bag a second item (ziplock) and have your brother open it at a later date if needed.

Other than what you described the only other thing would be to leave him with vet/medical info as well as maybe finding a nearby clinic in case of emergency but that's only if 'across town' is really far away from your vet.

have a great vacation.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
She looks so comfortable, I'd be worried that she wouldn't want to come home! I love the picture. Have a great vacation and don't worry...I'm sure she'll be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts