1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The refrigerated cat food.

Product Information

Ingredients:

Chicken, Chicken Liver, Ocean Whitefish, Natural Flavors, Eggs, Carrots, Spinach, Pea Protein, Pea Fiber, Vinegar, Salt, Taurine.
Vitamins:

Zinc Chelate, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite
Minerals:

Niacin, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
Feeding Guidelines:

Depending on the age, activity level, and condition of your cat, the feeding guidelines will need to be adjusted. The normal daily feeding amount for a healthy adult cat:
Cat’s Weight Cups*
5-9 lbs 2/3 – 1 10-15 lbs 1 – 1 2/3 *using standard 8 oz. measuring cup For pregnant or lactating females, offer two to three times the normal amount of food. For kittens, feed up to twice the normal adult requirement from two to fourteen months of age in three to four feedings.
The above quantities can be fed as one meal or divided into two meals based on your cat’s preference. Please adjust the amount you serve to ensure your cat finishes the food within three hours. If any food remains, please discard and clean bowl before serving new food.
When switching foods, gradually increase the new food and decrease the previous food to help make a smooth transition.

Use within 7 days of opening.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min) 18.0% Crude Fat (min) 8.0% Crude Fiber (max) 2.0% Moisture (max) 65.0% Taurine (min.) 00.5% Calorie Content (calculated): 1,790 kcal ME/kg, 8125 kcal ME/lb, 213 kcal ME/cup
This recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.

-------------------------------\\

I bought some for Bootsie, and she's eating it just as lovingly as she used to eat her crunchies before I took her off of them. They look like ground sausage. Lol. Anyone have any opinions of it? I think I'll be keeping it into the mix. It's only $6.99 at my work and the bag is a pound. I do get 20% off, though. Price wise it's a nice little addition to her diet at saving me about 50 cents a day when I add this as a meal (she gets 3 meals a day, 2oz a meal).

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I looked on their web site and maybe I'm blind but I didn't find much information on their Vital cat food. Lots and lots and lots about dog food.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Yup, I sent them an email asking if they had ANY cat food that doesn't contain Chicken/Turkey. Booo!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your interest in Fresh Pet.

We do not have a product which fits that criterion. All of our cat food products have poultry.

Genevieve Ferrara
Consumer Affairs
Freshpet
400 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094
1-866-789-3737

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've had this in rotation for the last 2 months now - our store only carries the chicken w/ carrots & spinach. Both of my furmonsters love it! Another friend also has started feeding it to her 4 since she can't stomach the mushy food and the price of this is pretty fantastic.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Seeing as I'm still learning... why isn't it good there is only chicken?

I'm guessing that chicken isn't the best source of protein perhaps? :)

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Seeing as I'm still learning... why isn't it good there is only chicken?

I'm guessing that chicken isn't the best source of protein perhaps? :)
'Cause my guy is allergic to chicken and Turkey. Makes hiim scratch himself bald and he digs in his ears until they are infected.

It's hard to find an affordable chicken free, turkey free AND grain free wet food.

·
Registered
176 Posts
'Cause my guy is allergic to chicken and Turkey. Makes hiim scratch himself bald and he digs in his ears until they are infected.

It's hard to find an affordable chicken free, turkey free AND grain free wet food.
Oh, so sorry to hear this! :(

A cat allergic to chicken is like me allergic to chocolate.

That's a bummer allergy for your baby to have...you have my condolences. :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just picked this up for my picky kitties and Cody wouldn't touch it. Aster nibbled and left. :( I was hoping it would be a nice change for them but no luck here.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I had seen commercials for fresh pet (not vital, I think it was selects or something) and always wondered if it was any good. My biggest turn off was that my grocery store sells it which automatically puts me on guard. But those ingredients look good to me...

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
I was interested to read about this too, although ocean whitefish being the third ingredient takes it out of the running to give Murphy. I'm pretty sure he's allergic to fish. The last time I gave him some, he sneezed badly for several days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.