Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although Holly is a sweet, loving and almost always purring cat, I wouldn't define her meows quite so endearingly. In fact, if you went only by her meow, you would think she was irritated and annoyed. Does anyone else have a less-than-melodious sounding cat?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
*raises hand*

Y'know how a woman sounds in a horror movie when she's screaming her bloody head off? That's what my cat sounds like.

Ok, so that's only if he's at the vet, but even at home it's still very, very loud and harsh. When he gets lonely he goes into the bathroom and sings. However, his meow when I get home is adorable! I love the purr-meow.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My mother's cat is a prime example.

I will admit that this cat is regularly in a foul mood, but even when she's not, she still sounds like it. She is loud, harsh, and very snappy with her meows, even when purring... :roll:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I've had a couple that had totally irritating meows. It always sounded like they were whining and complaining about something. Drove me nuts!

Fortunately my current crew is better, though I have one that only squeaks. He's 3, and just last week I heard the first real meow out of him!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sam sounds like something is really wrong when he meows... sounds like a scream (not as loud as the scared-female-in-horror-movies) and Suzy squeek. She sound pathetic! :D

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
My cat doesn't sound mean, but he does sound pitiful! He'll walk around making these pathetic little whiny sounds. He never really meows unless he's in his carrier going to the vet. he HATES his carrier. When I have to hold him down to give him a pill, or do his nails, or anything he cries and cries. I can't help but laugh at him sometimes :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts