Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already wrote about my friend's cat. Let me give you short briefing:

Her cat is about 3-5 yrs old, female, spayed, declawed. She was on dry food all her life until last week when I finally made my gf to buy her cans. She gave her Eagle Pack, Evolve, Nutro,.... I also told her to give her some vaseline for hairballs.

Her cat fell in love with the cans and eats them now everyday (for the last 7 days). I think they are still giving her little bit of dry food (hairball formula).

The cat is vomiting every single day for couple of weeks - maybe months? I don't even know. I saw it with my own eyes because I slept at her place last week for one night in the living room. She was vomiting close to the morning - there was hairball in it. My gf said she vomit every single day in the night (probably close to the morning).

Today, my gf called me and told me that in the morning she found 6 places with vomit.

She is desperate and doesn't know what's wrong with the cat!!!! I told her to go to the vet (she will probably go soon) but I still want to ask what your opinion is. Is it symptom of a disease? Why is she still vomiting since she changed her diet to wet food?

Her apetite hasn't changed and her poo is fine too.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
My dog did this when she developed liver disease.
Does there appear to be anything that looks like bile in the vomit?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think usually there was hairball in it. BUT she also said she saw something yellowish in it. The problem is that she has very bad relationship with her husband (no communication) and sometimes he cleanes it and doesn't tell her how it looked like.

You really think it could be liver problem?

I too think that it must be something else than just hairballs. It's not normal to vomit every day. I'm sure it's not the food since she is now feeding her with high quality food.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
NOT normal to vomit everyday and sometimes several times.
Definitely NOT normal. My 4 year old cat has probably vomited 2 or 3 times ever that I've seen at least. Though I imagine I'd be finding it in the house if she was doing it more than that.

She needs to take this cat to a vet.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Another thing that you mentioned is that her cat seems to vomit at night.
I don't know why but animals seem to do this when no one is around. Our dog would be fine all day and night while we were there (most of the time) but when we left for work is when she'd get sick. Every time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts