Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a tabby who every 5-7 days vomits about 20 minutes after eating. She used to be on dry food (which she only used to vomit 1X every few months), I switched her to Wellness Chicken Formula canned food because I discovered that dry food was not good for her. She took to the wet food immediately, and she eats it no problem. I feed her 2X/day and don't feed her huge amounts in those times. I put a bit at a time because she is a gobbler and inhales her food. About 30 minutes after, I hear the heaving, and then she pukes and then just to top it all off, she will poop (and of course not in her litter box). I don't know what to do. I've brought her to the vet and everything came back normal. Nothing wrong with her physically.
After puking and then pooping she then goes back to her bowl to see if there is any food left, and if there is some she will eat that, no problem. She is fine right after vomiting, not lethargic, a normal kitty.

I don't know what to do anymore? It's never consistent and I don't give her treats or change her food (variety). Could she be intolerant to chicken?
anyone have this problem or have suggestions?

My other cat. No vomiting. nothing. But Lulu.. sigh. don't know what to do.

Help!

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
It sounds to me that she is eating too fast and gulping down air and it's making her throw up, a fairly common thing with fast eaters. Try spreading her food thinly on the plate so that she has to lick it up. That should slow her down and keep her from gulping down air. If Lulu's still throwing up as much, give her a different flavor of Wellness and see if that makes a difference, or another no-grain brand. If she's longhaired and bringing up hair with her vomit, comb her every day to remove loose hairs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there. Thanks for your feedback!
I do feed her 3X a day. When I get up in the morning, I put a bit for her to eat. Then I put a bit more 20 minutes later. Then right before I leave for the day some more. I don't leave alot in her bowl because I don't like leaving canned food out in the open for long. When I get home, I do the same thing so she doesn't gulp her food.
Tonight I came home. There was poop on the floor and vomit.

I am going to try another grain free canned food, maybe with another flavour not chicken and I am going to buy her some digestive enzymes.
Other than that. I'm at my wits end. I have to figure out what the problem is. sigh.

and there is no hairballs in her vomit. She has short hair and I brush her 2X/day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts