Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cat ate too much yesterday , he slept normally and this morning he started vomiting undigested food
he had vomited 4 times since the morning and didnt eat anything .
when should i be worried and take him to the vet ? is it because he ate too much or its just a coincidence and he might be sick? and what should i do to help him? (food and water etc)

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
When one of my girls eats too fast and vomits, it's within about 10-20 minutes later. I think maybe your cat has a bug, but I would wait and see how he is tomorrow. I usually give my girls 24 hours to see if they're back to normal.

See if he'll eat his favorite food. He really needs to at least be taking in some water. If you have canned tuna, you can see if he'll drink some of the juice, you can even mix it in some water.

Is he an inside/outside cat?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When one of my girls eats too fast and vomits, it's within about 10-20 minutes later. I think maybe your cat has a bug, but I would wait and see how he is tomorrow. I usually give my girls 24 hours to see if they're back to normal.

See if he'll eat his favorite food. He really needs to at least be taking in some water. If you have canned tuna, you can see if he'll drink some of the juice, you can even mix it in some water.

he didnt eat too fast , he ate too much
i had to leave him alone in the house yesterday , so i left a bowl of dry food , and put some cooked chicken since he loves it
when i came back chicken was finished and maybe very little dry food left
he started vomiting after he woke up which is about 8hrs later
since he started vomiting he didnt eat anything just drank some water , i tried giving him some of his fav food he ate but very little like just one bite and went to lay down again
he isnt outside cat , he doesnt go out of the house he is scared of outside i dont know why

ill wait for 24hrs from now and if he kept vomiting ill take him to the vet

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i forgot to mention
since he vomited the first time he is always sleeping or laying with eys almost closed loke he is napping
he walks around the house or jumps when something excites him then he is back to sleep

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
I should have asked how old he is. If he is still a kitten, I wouldn't wait, they can go downhill fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts