Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed some vomit on the floor. My cat seems fine, so i dont think anything is wrong with her. Its very rare that she will be sick. She is four, and has only been sick about 3 times altogether. One time it just came out as saliva. What im wondering is, when they vomit does it mean something is wrong? Or could it just be from eating too fast or food too rich etc? Like i said, she hardly ever vomits and is a very healthy cat. Im probably worrying over nothing, but thought id ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
she may have eaten her food to fast, or got her paws on something she shouldnt have. keep an eye on her for the next few days, if she is sick again then you should best get the vet to have a check over of her.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would think a cat vomiting would be more of a "take note of it" situation than an alarming situation. An incident by itself could be relatively insignificant healthwise, but if frequent or in conjunction with other symptoms, it could signal something worth checking into.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
She very well could have eaten too quickly. I find I have to keep Velvet on a very regular schedule of feedings or she ends up with gastric upset. I feed her at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm, without fail. Not that I ever didn't feel her regularily, but if she got off schedule I found I would more often than not have to clean up a mess. Makes trying to go on vacation a challenge. :roll: :wink:
Good luck! Absolutely take the cat to vet if in any doubt. :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
If it keeps up take your cat to the vet. My cat Twinkie nevery vomits but Sugar used to vomit every once in a few days and even then the vet said she was in fine health....not saying your cat is for sure healthy but most vets see that as normal if a cat throws up once in a long while. <<))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts