Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my cat hasen't ate for the past 2 days not even wet food which she'll usually eat with no problem. When i got her which was about 2 months ago she weighed 8 lbs then like a couple weeks ago she was down to 6 1/2 (i think i stressed her out from the meds i was giving her) now shes down to 5 1/2. She goes outside for maybe 3 minutes a week and doesn't go far from the door, she was just treated for a middle ear infection but i stopped giving her that medicine last week. She has been having soft stools for a week or two. I don't know what could be wrong with her, nothing has changed, her diet changed about 2 weeks ago. We have a vet appt today but in the mean time, anyone know what could be the matter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,Could she have swallowed string,rubber bands or something like that??You could try feeding baby food(lamb/veal is best in vomiting).I would use 2/3 jars daily depending on weight.Have you tried a bland diet?Baby food is a good way to break the vomiting cycle as it is sooo easy to digest and cats love it.Marla

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She was very dehyrated so they kept her over night and put her on an iv. Well when they opened this morning it was only getting worse and the iv wasen't helping at all. When i saw her she looked worse then when i dropped her off. They ran blood tests for lukemia, fip, fiv, and aids, nothing came up. So we put her to sleep today. I felt so bad because she could barley open her eyes.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Omg I am so sorry for your dear kitty. It must be devastating to not only lose your kitty but without a definite answer to that either. Do you think this had anything to do with the declaw procedure at all?

Anyhow, whatever the reason, I am sorry and hope your kitty is in cat heaven now :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts