Cat Forum banner

Vomiting

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  drjean 
#1 ·
I already wrote about my girlfriend's cat before.

Her cat Sysel is about 3 yrs old (indoor, declawed :( ) and recently, she is vomiting every single day.

My girlfriend feeds her with dry food only (eventhough I suggested her to feed the cat with wet food). I think the dry food could be the reason for this.

She doesn't want to take the cat to the vet.

I gave my gf plastic container with Wellness and Nutro pouch to try to give it to the cat. She said the cat ate it. The problem is, my gf doesn't believe me that the wet food is good.

Any ideas what to tell her? How can I make her to believe me?

Please, write me your stories when you changed dry to wet food and what the results were... I could email her this link and she could get better idea. I already emailed her some articles from Little big cat....

Anyone else had this kind of experience with vomiting?

See less See more
#2 ·
My cat Magic was vomiting frequently. I bought some of that hairball stuff....Kittymalt I think it's called. Since I have started giving them that once a week, and also feeding them wetfood his vomiting has completely stopped.

#5 ·
Where do you buy your cat food? I didn't see at the Petsmart I go to Nutro Pouches, Innova, Wellness ...
I am still feeding my kittens Purina One and will alternate more often with other types of food as soon as my expenses with my other kitties will cut down - I feed all of them Chicken Soup every now and then I just can't do it all the time : (.

#11 ·
If the cat is vomiting daily, it needs to see a vet. Your girlfriend is being extremely irresponsible here. If this were a child, she would have it to the doctor on day 2. Most states have laws that require that a sick animal be given adequate veterinary care; it's not about "she doesn't want to" -- it's mandatory.

Just changing the diet from one commercial food to another may or may not help. If the cat has inflammatory bowel disease or food allegies, she needs a special diet that does not contain the ingredients she is allergic to, and this should be done under the guidance of your vet.

A person who does not want to believe, will not. Facts are of no interest to people like that. But here's an article you can try; it may have more credibility coming from a feline veterinarian of 10 years' experience, and based on 10 years of research: http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... cannedfood

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.