Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I haven’t been around in a long time, I have just been too busy at work to check in. I can’t concentrate on work today though. I am currently waiting for the vet to call back with the results of a biopsy for my cat Gypsy. She had some little sores on her hind leg that weren’t healing, but really didn’t seem to bother her at all. I just hoping the news is good. I missed the first call and the voice mail sounded kind of solemn. It could be anything at this point so I am probably just driving myself crazy.

Anyway, I just had to vent a little

Thanks
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for Gypsy and you. Let us know what the vet says. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I heard back and its kind of a bad news / good news. It is cancer, squamous cell carcinoma. The good news is it is a rare variety which isn't as bad as it normally is and because of its location it is operable.

The vet actually told me not to look it up because every article I find will be about the regular variety and it might make worry needlessly. But did I listen? Of course not. So I am a bit freaked out even though they should be able to easily remove it.

The only thing we really have to worry about is if it reoccurs.

Thank you for all the well wishes. It’s nice to see some familiar avatars though. I hope to be around more with happier topics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts