Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all the news report today is "ooooo here comes the snow, here come the snow" this Hindenberg reporting ticks me off. If this is true we are supposed to get 6-12" 8-10" on and on. I'll be surprised if we get 3". My dh bought a snow blower this winter and he's in a lather waiting to use it. So far in this area it has been a mild winter (suits me fine) and this will be the first major snowfall. Last night I stopped at the market for dinner and it was mobbed with gray haired grannies stocking up on bread and milk, JC what is it about bread and milk, one could hardly make a meal from bread and milk....geez Well we will see, it's supposed to start this evening and go on till Sunday. I'll update later if anyone is interested. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Snowin like crazy here, started around 3pm..I love the snow :) I just hate it when people panic and buy everything off the selves...LOL...Geesh its only 8 to 12, not 20 to 30 inches...LOL...

But to each there own.... ;)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I didn't even realize snow was on the way. Once I read this post I decided to check out www.weather.com and I can see what you are talking about. Not sure when and if it's going to hit vermont. I figured we would at least get 1 more big storm before the winter is done with.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Reprot, my store was mobbed, too!! It took me 1/2 hour to get through the store to buy 13 items (I was trying not to go over 12 so I could use the express line :mrgreen:). Navigating the produce section was like driving through a Massachusetts rotary!

It has been snowing and blowing here since about midnight. We've got about 4 inches on the porch railing, but with the wind it's hard to know how much has fallen.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lymekaps said:
It has been snowing and blowing here since about midnight. We've got about 4 inches on the porch railing, but with the wind it's hard to know how much has fallen.
Same here and still lightly snowing. Oh great here comes the snow plows, they just pushed all of the snow right in front of my driveway. :roll:

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
While I am not in the area of the blizzard, I am hoping we get a fair amount of snowfall coupled with some sunny weather afterwards. I am hoping to get out and do some black and white photography of some snow scenes this year. Last year, I was taking some great photos under great sunny, snowy conditions. Too bad I feel in a canal and lost the film as well as the camera... :( So this year, I want to reshoot what I lost.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
reprot said:
Donaldjr1969 said:
Too bad I feel in a canal and lost the film as well as the camera... :( So this year, I want to reshoot what I lost.
baah that's funny
When I lost some of my gear to water damage, a few people were all sorry for what had happened. But when it happened, I was more worried about getting out of the water (I broke through the ice and was in chest deep water) and not getting frostbite than my gear. Thankfully I was prepared for cold weather in the way I dressed. However what was funny Reprot is that I ripped my pants and hose wide open when I climbed out! :lol:

However, I realized one thing. My destroyed cameras can always be replaced but my health cannot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts