Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
This lady that fell was on Good Morning America this morning. It goes deeper than just a funny video, and I really feel bad for her. I'm all for finding the humor in things, but sometimes, it just isn't funny. The security guards at that mall were out of line IMO.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
She's contemplating suing the mall. For what, being a moron? I am sick to death of having to navigate my way around idiots who cannot seem to put their little electronic brains down!

·
Registered
226 Posts
i saw her interview on cnn this morning...she said she immediately called her husband...and said to him...."Daddy I'm on youtube and people are laughing"
Seriously....who calls their husband Daddy and then tells the world about it?
I get tired of people who can't get their faces away from their cell phones. How did we ever survive without them?
I'd chalk it up to lesson learned and leave it at that.
Ironically it was probably put on youtube via cell phone - and perhaps Daddy did it
lol! +1

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I can even think how many times I've been bumped into by some moron texting or yakking on a cell phone not paying attention to what they are doing. I thought it was hilarious.

I don't feel sorry for her AT ALL. You can barely see her and I couldn't see any details of her face. How many people would have known who she was if she didn't put her face EVERYWHERE and blab to everyone she fell in the fountain. Instead of keeping quiet and denying it was her she just started squawking.

Oh and EWWWW ...Daddy? That's the last person I want to equate my mate with.....

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
The guy from housekeeping asked her if she was okay and she said, "Yes, I'm just a little wet." I think if she had slipped and fallen down, security would have been right over, fearing a lawsuit, but this was CLEARLY her fault and she even acknowledges that.

I agree that she's the one in the media identifying herself, nobody else would have known it was her. She outed herself. I don't feel sorry for her, either.

She needs to put her big girl panties on and get over it. Or maybe in her case, Depends.

·
Registered
226 Posts
thank god this did not happen while she was driving.. imagine the result, but i am 100% sure she texts while she drives too!!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
She needs to put her big girl panties on and get over it.
I still don't find the humor in anybody falling, nor the security guard taping this to put it online, but wow, she has made the rounds today in the media. I do agree, put on your big girl panties, and move on, it doesn't warrant this much attention.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Truth. If she had kept her mouth shut the video would have been replaced within a days time of a kid laughing at his dad getting knocked in the junk or a dog who bakes pancakes with his tail or something..

She wanted her 15 minutes of fame, then she can deal with how dumb it makes her look.

·
Banned
952 Posts
I can even think how many times I've been bumped into by some moron texting or yakking on a cell phone not paying attention to what they are doing. I thought it was hilarious.

I don't feel sorry for her AT ALL. You can barely see her and I couldn't see any details of her face. How many people would have known who she was if she didn't put her face EVERYWHERE and blab to everyone she fell in the fountain. Instead of keeping quiet and denying it was her she just started squawking.

Oh and EWWWW ...Daddy? That's the last person I want to equate my mate with.....
Yeah that. All of it.

Normally, I have more than my fair share of empathy, and I often feel for folks in situations others find funny.

This one, however, is flipping hysterical. She texted herself right into the pool! I mean, if your text conversation is that doggone enthralling, you might want to consider holding up the wall awhile instead of blindly wondering in whatever direction your feet happen to be pointed.

And, yeah, if she were really embarrassed and didn't want anyone laughing at her, all she had to do was nothing. *shrug*

I confess I watched it more than once... and laughed harder each time. LOL!!

AC

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I think that lady needs to sue, the phone manufacturer, the network provider, the security man, the manufacturer of the video camera, the people who maintain the fountain, the person who invented Youtube, the person who invented the internet, the shoe manufacturer, and quite possibly herself.

I will be her lawyer.
Oh and someone needs to tell her that calling your husband daddy is kinda weird, but telling the world? No.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I think that lady needs to sue, the phone manufacturer, the network provider, the security man, the manufacturer of the video camera, the people who maintain the fountain, the person who invented Youtube, the person who invented the internet, the shoe manufacturer, and quite possibly herself.

I will be her lawyer.
Oh and someone needs to tell her that calling your husband daddy is kinda weird, but telling the world? No.
I just find the whole thing hysterical, but Hugh, you make a good point about how many people she could sue. And after plastering herself all over TV, she could sue the TV stations.

I've never texted anyone in my life. Wouldn't even know how.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I would say it's useful, and a lot more sociable in some places. Texting is way better when you're sat on a bus or train. Wish more people would do it instead of making everyone listen to their idiotic ramblings.

The girl sat behind me on the bus last night wouldn't shut up for 40 minutes. I hope her test comes up positive and that Garry does ditch her.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
When we took the train from New York to Washington a couple months ago, the guy behind us spent the whole time on the phone: (a) making drug deals; (b) trying to raise money to get his brother out of jail; (c) trying to get his girlfriend to have an abortion; (d) making more drug deals. It was like listening to a bad movie.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
She should also sue each person who ever threw money into the fountain.:p

I haven't even seen the video yet (at work and can't watch YouTube here) but no one should be walking and texting....I'm not saying she deserved to fall in the fountain though.

I heard the video came from the sercurity camera...if that's correct, that is so wrong. But then again...she kinda had it coming....

·
Banned
952 Posts
...I haven't even seen the video yet (at work and can't watch YouTube here) but no one should be walking and texting....I'm not saying she deserved to fall in the fountain though...
If a person can't look up from their phone long enough to realize there's a gigantic fountain full of water with a knee-high barrier surrounding it directly in their path.... and they continue walking until they encounter said fountain... well, yeah, they deserve to go for a swim. LOL!

AC

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Now it's in the news that that woman has a criminal past including things like identity theft and stealing a co-worker's credit card and racking up $5,000 in charges on it. So little miss "no one came to my aid, sniff, sniff" isn't quite the angel she wanted us to believe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts