Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I told Sean I downloaded the song Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn and I typically don't like songs like this and he really hates it so then I proceeded to play it and he started singing and making fun of it. He then walks by the computer and was like "why don't you ask the cat people what they think of the song" because he saw I was looking at the cat forum. So I said "well maybe I will! so there!" so ...What do you guys think of this song? I know this thread is pretty pointless but work with me here. :lol:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
cat people :flame :mrgreen:

I kinda dig it. When it came out, there was really nothing else on radio that sounded like it, kinda really caught your ear. Same thing when that Bruce Hornsby 'get a job' song hit the airwaves. I've never heard anything else by Cohen, probably never will, but 'memphis' is an OK tune.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well considering that the song was covered by Cher also I feel it has artistic merit. The song is catchy and I like the drum parts. It is actually a very well written song. Personally I like it.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
I like the song. It reminds me of when I was younger and my dad would take us to the public pool. I actually remember standing on the diving board and that song was playing lol. Everytime I hear it I think of swimming and diving boards. :lol:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah sorry about the "cat people" remark on his behalf. He is a dork. Thanks for the replies though. I really like it but I am not sure why. Oh well..thanks for indulging me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts