Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first introductions went well.... there was no hissing.... and they have been doing well since, Janet seems to like him and hasn't left his side..... Walter does have a bit of a weepy eye and I guess that is fairly common for ragdolls to get these little eye infections so we are treating that......

Unfortunately I put some clumping cat litter down and Walter must have climbed the sides of his crate, landed in the water, and then walked in his litter box because when I got home from the grocery he was covered with clumping cat litter.

He gave me no choice.... but he was not a happy guy, I think he actually Hates me in this picture.... but I went and got different cat litter and all is well.... no more clumping cat litter for him for a while

Here is Janet and Walter.....

and just a few of the boy..... ignore the pile of research he is standing on in the lower picture.... I need a new file cabinet....

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
He's too stinkin' cute!!!! The bath picture is priceless...I'm sure he's forgiven you by now!

BTW, you should be using a clay clumping litter with a kitten anyway, some of them will eat it, or get it stuck to them like he did...if they ingest it, it could lead to digestive blockages.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doodlebug said:
He's too stinkin' cute!!!! The bath picture is priceless...I'm sure he's forgiven you by now!

BTW, you should be using a clay clumping litter with a kitten anyway, some of them will eat it, or get it stuck to them like he did...if they ingest it, it could lead to digestive blockages.
I had heard that about the litter so I asked my breeder who said that he was using the clumping at his house and there wasn't a problem because he was older (12 weeks) but I thought that I remembered it to be a problem and that we had not used it with Janet but I was like ok whatever the breeder says (very reputable breeder and Janets breeder) but after seeing the mess that Walter made yesterday i went and bought some plain old clay litter.... which he has strewn around his crate so I am going to head out and buy some yesterdays news.... which is so much cleaner..... but yeah I had heard that about clumping litter as well.....

oh well I will remember for next time.....

thanks for the kind words about walter, he is pretty darned cute... and VERY vocal.... which is odd for a ragdoll .
s

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
If Walter is too vocal for your house I will gladly take him off of your hands. He is very sweet, and Janet looks likes she is going to be a perfect big sister.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
When Charlee was in her "water" period - which included ending up in the litter box, I had a "breaded kitty" several times. Ugh! That bath picture is hysterical!

Walter is adorable! :D

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
When I got Holly I use non-clumping long enough to know that she wasn't inclined to eat it or play in the box much. Then I switched to a corn based clumping...Worlds Best. Which I hated, but at least knew if she did ingest it, it wasn't nearly as concerning as regular clay.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
marie73 said:
When Charlee was in her "water" period - which included ending up in the litter box, I had a "breaded kitty" several times. Ugh! That bath picture is hysterical!

Walter is adorable! :D

"Breaded kitty" :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a handsome little boy he is! Well, they're both beautiful...sigh... :luv

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
What a cutie patootie! Walter you are a darling cat!

I love the way Janet is looking at him. You can tell she loves her buddy already!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts