Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to share some things about my furkids. Rodman and Peyton (12 year old's from the shelter) are doing great! They are coming around, more confident and asking for pettings and pats more often. They still do not like being picked up so I don't try. They are more relaxed outside their hidey hole. They absolutely love sitting on the window sill to watch all the birdies. They tolerate the kitten, Jennie. Peyton washes her and Rodman just sits and lets her do anything she wants to him. They remind me of Grandma, Grandpa and Grandaughter.
But! Jennie smacked Rodman the other night and scratched right under his eye. Fortunately I had some ophthalmic ointement (used on my boston terrier for corneal scratch). Rodman's eyeball was fine but the scratch under his eye seemed aggrevated. I applied the ointment and he is much, much better now. Rodman does not do well in moving him from one place to another. I watched his eye closely so if a vet visit was necessary, then he would have had to bite the bullet and go.
Jennie is growing so rapidly. I am impatiently waiting for our Petco to open soon. I read some posts in the nutrition section about the benefits of wet food vs. dry food. I found a canned brand (not sure if I can say the name in here) that has chicken, chicken broth, chicken liver as first 3 ingredients. No by products, no corn, no artificial stuff. It looks and smells good enough for me to eat! lol. I bought the same brand for my dog too. They all love it!

Tanner my dog loves Jennie. He loves to "soft mouth" her for play. She just lays there on her back with all four legs in the air letting him gently 'rough' her up. The other day I caught him carrying her by the scruff of her neck into the bedroom. She was just dangling out of his mouth. I freaked and yelled at him. He dropped her and she just rubbed against his leg so I suppose she liked what he was doing. She wasn't at all afraid of him.
I just love my little family. Their antics amuse me so I get nothing done in the house on my day off!! What did I ever do before I had my clan?
Thanks for reading. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aww, your little family sounds adorable and entertaining! I hope I will someday have my own furry friends that get along like yours do!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I used to love having multiple cats, many, many years ago. They were so entertaining, just to watch them interact and play with each other.
Your furry family sounds just amazing. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts