Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
This is going to be funny and I am sure most will giggle and laugh and put their hand to their mouth. It is funny but it also hurt. Due to this I am posting it as a warning for guys with cats in the house.

Lately we have taught Mouse a new game. Most kittens and cats LOVE playing it, the monster under the blanket. You wiggle your hand or toe under a blanket and the kitten stalks and attacks the monster under the blanket.
Every kitten owner is familiar with this game :wink

Many men only wear underwear to bed. They hate the PJS. My hubby is one of these. He has a robe he keeps by the bed as we do have a daughter but he can't sleep in pjs, they drive him nuts.

Last night I was playing the game with Mouse and hubby crawled into bed.

Without going into graphic detail, having a 4 month old kitten take a flying leap and land on top of that part of the body is not pleasant! My hubby could not breathe!

Yes, I laughed my fool head off. But had she been bigger or if she hadn't had her soft paws on (nail caps) this could have been a much more serious injury.

We are now banned from ever playing the monster under the covers game with the kittens. Anyone who has guys (or hopes to have a guy one day) might want to rethink playing this fun but potentially dangerous game :wink

·
Registered
316 Posts
Oh my good lord, that is hilarious! Poor hubby though, certainly couldn't have been fun for him. ;)

Good thing you have been using soft paws though. Yoinks!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was funny and I couldn't help myself when I laughed. I know he wasn't thinking it was funny :?

In all seriousness, be careful playing this game as part of a bedtime routine..or anytime I guess.. if there are guys in the house.

Had she been a 12 pound cat with claws, we would have been going to the hospital.

And yes, the thought of my driving hubby to the ER because a cat damaged the family jewels makes me giggle ...I am demented that way :p

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
That's funny.
There's also the story which probably isn't even true about the man in his underwear bent over in the cabinet under the sink when his dangley bits started to hang outside the leg of his underwear.
Puddy saw this as something to play with and attack, man tried to stand up in pain crashed his head into the cabinet and was knocked out cold.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's funny.
There's also the story which probably isn't even true about the man in his underwear bent over in the cabinet under the sink when his dangley bits started to hang outside the leg of his underwear.
Puddy saw this as something to play with and attack, man tried to stand up in pain crashed his head into the cabinet and was knocked out cold.
I posted about this a few months back. It happened to a guy my hubby works with ..minus the undies as he was bent over putting them on :?
minus the knocked out cold as well.. he just screamed for his wife lol

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
I posted about this a few months back. It happened to a guy my hubby works with ..minus the undies as he was bent over putting them on :?
minus the knocked out cold as well.. he just screamed for his wife lol
I think versions of this story have spread to the status of urban legend.
But the moral is to keep your hanging bits out of sight of a playful kitty.

·
Registered
188 Posts
LOL!! Praline, I have played that exact game with my previous kitten Nocturne, and my husband kinda laughed, as Nocturne missed by just a few millimeters. XD But he was scared of it really happening, so we never played that game except with our feet.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Too funny. They can start a support group :wink

Hubby is off from work today and every time he passes Mouse or she runs by he gives off a very feral growl at her under his breath
I don't think she is on his top 10 list of most loved animals today :wink

When he told our 2 teen boys what had happened and why we no longer will be playing that, they both have decided sleeping with a kitten isn't all its cracked up to be

1 - 9 of 9 Posts