Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
That was an inflammatory thread, all in all, wasn't it? Sometimes I think people just like to stir up trouble. I thought the boyfriend had already been banned.... Lilly was worried that it was her fault. I told her the thread had just deteriorated.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
If we're speaking of the same Eric, he just insinutated that in the opinion of vets, any vet interested in hoistic medicine is dumb. He says he's an intern! But he's a claims adjuster. Dr. Jean has researched holistic medicing and nutrition during the ten years since she got her DVM. That just increases her knowledge of all aspects of veterinary medicine. Such arrogance some of our members have. It shocks me. This is twice in a week I have pointed out that she IS A VET, not an amateur. Angel, of course, at 22, with several months of working in an animal hospital, knows much more also! :wink: We'll be lucky if she continues to visit us.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I noticed that too...

But for the past couple days I haven't had a lot fo time to moderate or post.

More work at work and struggling with a virus at home.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
I have sent a pm to Eric, and explained that I felt I should bring the "Help" thread in Behavior to catman's attention. I believe Eric is looking for arguments. I was going to delete my post to prevent embarrassing him when the phone rang telling me that my sister is Connecticut may be dying. (Please pray for her.) I told Eric that I had intended to bring it to his attention in a pm, but didn't say what interrupted me. He wants you to see his reply.:

Dry food does not clean the teeth. That is a total myth that lives on through the claims of the dry food makers and ignorant veterinarians

Ok so..it's ok to classify vets one doesn't agree with as ignorant?

I don't have a desire for argument....it's hypocritical posts like the one you made to me that give me the desire to argue. You make it sound like I came out and said.. HEY DR JEAN YOUR IGNORANT. She feels vets that claim dry food cleans teeth better than wet food, are ignorant...those vets probably feel the same about her view on the subject...Where's the embarassment in that?

Please do no preclude anything you want to do for fear of embarassing me, I will not get embarassed over a message board post...I know your pissed at me because I challenged dr jean..But I did not make any argument against her, than she made against other vets with different views..using the same rhetoric you are chiding me for!!!

Please take this message to catman as well.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
He just apologized:

Eric24
To: Jeanie
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:47 pm
Subject: Re: your posts
Look, I know I've pissed you off.....

I am sorry if you think I embarassed somebody. Contrary to what some believe, I do respect this board as well as Dr. Jean (whom I privately sought advice from) We can disagree all day about the context of my posts.

I want to apologize to you if I did anger you. It's not my intention. If I have specific disagreements w/members I will address them in a PM in a less argumentitve manner than I have been.....

I will "publicly" apologize to Dr. Jean on the board...as I have already done so in private earlier today.

Again...I'm sorry.

·
Premium Member
28,609 Posts
Thanks, Dan. I hope Dr. Jean stays. She has taken a lot of flack lately. How can people not recognize the benefit of having a vet at their forum? We don't have to take her advice if our own vet doesn't agree. I'm so embarrassed for her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts