Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleo has been on Stella & Chewy's frozen raw duck duck goose for a couple of weeks now. She's been doing great. Her coat is now silky and shiny (was getting greasy and didn't look nice), she's not stinky when she uses the litter box either.

So I opened a new bag yesterday I believe. Today, every meal she has eaten she has vomited back up within an hour. She left about 8 different piles of vomit today. Not that she ate 8 times, but my point is she has vomiting everything up.

I have her locked in the laundry room right now with just water since she keeps vomiting on the carpet.

Any experience with a cat suddenly vomiting up their food that they were doing great with? I'm not sure what to feed her now. Should I give her the Instinct LID kibble she was eating? Of course she does this on the weekend when the only vet is the emergency vet. :roll: Typical kid! :wink:

·
Registered
893 Posts
If she continues to vomit over the night, bring her to the vet tomorrow as she is in danger of becoming seriously dehydrated. It may have zero to do with food and very well could be something else.

She may have swallowed something other than food.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marie5890: Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will have to take her tomorrow if she continues. I just fed her some canned food instead of the raw (it's nature's instinct Lamb) to see if she vomits that or not. I waited over four hours since she last vomited before offering anything new so hopefully her stomach has settled down.

I should say that once she vomits up the food she stops and does not vomit at all in between feedings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She kept the lamb down with no issues. Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with that new bag of Stella's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts