Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that Robin has put on a few pounds-nothing serious,actually,he could use some meat on his bones. But,I want to be very careful. Percy started to pack 'em on after HE was fixed.

Robin has quite an appetite-but he burns up a lot of energy,too!

· Registered
328 Posts
How many calories are adult cats supposed to eat in a day? I'm sure it's different based on size, but I've heard so many different things... I think our vet said 200 - does that sound about right?

· Registered
1,719 Posts
It depends on the age of the cat, activity level, metabolism, etc. It's not just a number set in stone based on weight. 200 is a good starting point and from there monitor the cat's body condition to gauge if they are getting too chubby or can maintain a nice lean body weight with that amount.

I feed my cats raw, but they get between 175-250 calories per day. The smaller cats and Azalia, who puts on weight just looking at food, I tend to give smaller servings to so they are more in the 150-200 range. For the most part, they get more on the lower side of the scale, but 1-2/week, I feed them power meals that are more nutrient or fat dense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.