Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd see if anyone had any suggestions about this. My Kitty has a watery eye. It started about 3 months ago. I was taking her to the vet for her baldness and they gave me a topical antibiotic ointment for her eye. They said it looked a little irritated.

Well, I tried to put the ointment in her eye twice a day, but that didn't really work out (it mostly went on top of her head, on her whiskers, in her ear, etc).

Either way, it's 3 months later and her eye is still watery. It's just the one eye, so I wouldn't think it was allergies but I don't know. I thought I'd see if anyone else had experience with a watery eye.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Could be conjunctivitis (pink eye). It is very common in cats, and very contagious, so be careful you don't get it! All 5 of my kittens had this on a regular basis, and my vet just gave me some antibiotics to clear it up. Nothing serious.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Most likely this is a viral infection. Virtually all cats have been exposed to this virus (herpes) as kittens and carry it for life; some cats will have recurring problems with it. For more info, see:
http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... unctivitis

It does need veterinary attention, though, because damage to the eye can be severe if the virus really gets going.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I went back to the vet to have this checked out again. She said that the eye didn't appear to be irritated at all. So she thought it might be a blocked tear duct. But the only way she could tell would be to put Kitty under anestetic (sp?). Well, I can't have Kitty put under because last time she had a very difficult time waking up.

So, I was thinking about trying this on her eye and I wanted to see what Dr. Jean thought. It's an herbal eye wash.

http://www.thecatconnection.com/page/TCC/PROD/HLTH-EYE/DEN-2058/AFFIL/SEK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts