Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant remember if ive asked this before. Is there any sort of like, cream, or like a form of dry cat shampoo (like a spray and leave in) to use that would be good for dander? Simba just gets so much of it. He doesnt care, but at times if you really look at his coat it looks like somoene poured salt on him.

He will take combing for a few minutes at a time, but as soon as he gets figity i stop, so that way he doesnt end up totally hating it. I use the comb at an angle so its not scratching him or uncomfortable. ive even been (gross i know) wetting it with my spit - it was handy without moving - the brush so that way it attracts more dander, in stead of just going through the comb.

has anyone else encountered this?? i mean, its not the totally end of the world, but it would be awesome to reduce it. cosmetically speaking.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The absolute easiest way to control it is a damp washcloth. Wring out a HOT washcloth to almost dry & scrub him down. Hot because a cat's temp is slightly higher than a person. You don't want kitty to get cold, wet & soggy, just start getting him clean. And with just a damp cloth scrub just a small area at a time. You may even consider starting with a clean cat & giving him a full bath - just depends if he has ever been bathed & will accept it. Most cats accept a washcloth just like they accept a mom cat washing them up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts