Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Gordon is VERY upset :(

We have her alone in her room at the moment but she's a master escapologist an escaped yesterday when we were going in to spend time with her. She's small and full of energy and was really excited to be out so just ran around being crazy. Timmy seemed to love the mayhem but it really upset Gordon.

First he jumped on the couch to get away from her, his hair all poofed up. When she ran back upstairs he ran into his 'bedroom' in the back of the house (where he would never normally go during the day, except to use the litter tray) and sat on the windowsill there for about half an hour. He hasn't been himself since. He seems really upset and gets scared when he hears her meowing. I know it's early days, it's only day 2, but I'm worried about him, he's my baby and I really didn't want him to be upset.

We're doing the introduction as all the articles and websites say but because she is so good at escaping we'll have to lock the boys in one part of the house to get into her because she WILL escape and I know you're not supposed to change your existing cats routine.

I feel really bad about putting Gordon in this position and also about not being that excited about bringing Pixie home because she really is fantastic :(

This is her by the way :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
She's very, very cute!! Hope the Feliway helps.
When we adopted Meeka, Sammy wasn't happy about it. He'd lived and gotten on well with other cats and he wasn't at all aggressive towards Meeka, he was just upset. Same as what you described, he looked & seemed 'sad'. He stopped sleeping in the bed with us, he kept to himself. I used Feliway and within a few weeks, him and Meeka were snuggling up together and playing and we got the old Sammy back. :) I have to admit though, I was very worried that I'd made a mistake by adopting Meeka and I was so sad for Samson but I'm so glad we have them both now, they are such great friends. I hope it works out just as well for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts