Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I woke up at 3:30 am to a pounding on my door. My suitemate of sorts was standing there, and she said "Sorry, I know you're sick, but the orange kiten won't move and I don't know what to do."

She'd gotten up for the 3am feeding (I usually help, but went to bed sick and forgot to reset my alarm). The solid orange kitten is usually the first one to charge out at feeding time, but he didn't come out. She assumed he was still sleeping,a nd fed the others one by one. Finally it was his turn, and she picked him up, just to find him completely limp. Breathing and with a heart beat, but otherwise lifeless. So we petted him, held him, rubbed him, and we got nothing.

I got online, but all I could find was "lethargic and feverish" and "lethargic and cold," neither of which was the case. So we just wrapped him in a sweatshirt and sat with him. After a while his body temperature started dropping, and at 5am my suitemate decided to take him to bed with her. Neither of us expected him to be alive when we got up at 7 to feed the rest of them. But he was. And other than being a little wobbly on his feet, he was perfectly normal.

Any ideas on what might've happened?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That must have been scary! 8O I really don't know what could have happened.. Maybe you should see a vet asap??

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
The first thing I thought of was fading kitten syndrome, but they might be a bit old for that. Let's move this to Health and Nutrition, and hope someone (like Dr. Jean) can help. Regardless, I think it's best to take the little one to the vet. How frightening!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts