Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
As some of you know, our queen - Kitty - passed on and was set free from her pain just 2 days ago. She was my first kitty in better than 30 years and my wife's first. We will never, ever forget the love she gave us...

Yesterday I was blowing snot bubbles and crawling on the floor collecting Kitty's last few pieces of litter she tracked and all of her incredibly perfect fur. We couldn't take this cold, empty house (no offense to us) and had to go at least pet some kitties. We went to a large Petsmart and saw many kitties looking for homes, but none of them really wanted us. So we went on to the Humane Society. Height of rush hour, 5 miles an hour, we were going anyway.

Meet Angel. She was the first, and only kitty we saw. Get some kleenex - I'm serious. She was born June of 2001. She was declawed and her owner had to give her up June of 2009 because of illness. She had been at the Seattle Humane Society for over 2.5 years. She had been there the longest of any animal.

She was cowering in the corner of her box. So we got down on the floor to meet her and poured on the Kitty talk. She finally came out and we received tons of love bites, licking, and the loudest purring we had ever heard. She kept burying her head into us. Her hair was in bad shape and had some mats even though she had been completely shaved 6 months before due to severe matting. There was discharge coming from her eyes. She had poop in her tail... We spent at least half an hour loving this special girl. One of the volunteers finally came in to check on us. Angel ran back into the corner of her box and we looked at each other and asked if we could take her home that night. Everybody there was so excited for Angel. We hope Kitty would have wanted us to be with this girly instead of us staying at home sad, angry, all that horrible stuff.

Angel is an adorable, loving, unique soul. She has been purring so loud! We fed her, and my wife said she was reminded of wild dogs on the plains of Africa - not the biggest compliment - but I have to admit that is what it sounded like lols. That or Orcs. She drank a bunch of water and found her litter box. She has claimed all the pillows in her room. My wife groomed and groomed. Hot towels, brushes, combs, fingernails picking out poop. I administered a few treats and got the love bites and headbutts.

There will be much more about Angel. There will never be another Kitty - in all of eternity - but it would have been a sin to leave Angel there last night. Right now she is snoring away the day in the sunshine and we are all over her. Here she is -

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
She's a pretty girl.
I believe you honor Kitty's memory when you open your hearts and your home to another cat in need.
Everyone loves cute kitten so many wonderful older cats languish is shelters like your Angel, many of these cats don't do well in the shelter environment and that makes it even harder to get adopted.
All they need is a 2nd chance and bless you and your wife for giving Angel a chance for a new life, I hope you have many happy years together.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
So glad you brought this girl home. She obviously chose you :) and was sent to help ease your grief a little.

Well done on helping a needy older kitty. She'll pay you back in love and adoration :)

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Bless you and your wife for allowing Angel to adopt you. My personal belief is that Kitty whispered in her ear and told that you needed her desperately.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oh my I am SO happy for you all! What a great story, thank you for giving this girl a chance, she must be the happiest kitty in the whole world. I'm sure her love will help you mend your wounds.

A big hug for you! :wink:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oh and please post more pictures :) is she completely white? What color are her eyes?

BTW Kitty looked very much like my cat Gatito, she was gorgeous. I'm sure she would be very happy you gave another cat a chance.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Im in tears!! She is a beauty! More pictures pleese :)

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Awww, you were right, I needed a tissue!!

She's gorgeous! Here's her best picture from the link Krissy posted:

I think Kitty is watching and hoping Angel helps to heal your broken heart.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Good on you for finding this girl and bringing her home. I am thrilled she gets a happy ending. No cat will ever replace Kitty, but you honor her memory by saving another life.

My personal belief is that Kitty whispered in her ear and told that you needed her desperately.
I agree (and reading it made me cry like a baby lol)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Awww isn't she gorgeous. Look at those pretty eyes. I hope you're all having a great time together. You could use that after all you've been through.

Hugs!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some pics

Hi all,

Here is a link to our Angel's Photobucket album. More later for sure.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She's a pretty girl.
I believe you honor Kitty's memory when you open your hearts and your home to another cat in need.
Everyone loves cute kitten so many wonderful older cats languish is shelters like your Angel, many of these cats don't do well in the shelter environment and that makes it even harder to get adopted.
All they need is a 2nd chance and bless you and your wife for giving Angel a chance for a new life, I hope you have many happy years together.
Thank you Bob, so true about older kitty's being hard to adopt out. You know our adoption fee was $25.00. Can you believe that? I think kitty's less than 1 year old were at least $100.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bless you and your wife for allowing Angel to adopt you. My personal belief is that Kitty whispered in her ear and told that you needed her desperately.
Thank you, I love that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh and please post more pictures :) is she completely white? What color are her eyes?

BTW Kitty looked very much like my cat Gatito, she was gorgeous. I'm sure she would be very happy you gave another cat a chance.
Lenkolas,
I posted a link to her Photobucket album but here it is again for you. Yes she is white and it looks like her eyes are greenish. Wow, your Gatito reminds me very much of Kitty. Do you have any more pics of Gatito? I would love to see some.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Angel | Seattle Humane Society

You may want to print or save that. You'll get a kick out of it later on. :D
She looks spectacular in that link. Let me tell you though, two and a half years in "the joint" took it's toll on this poor kid. She is grooming now though and with my wife working on her the coat is really coming back.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sorry for your loss of Kitty. :(
Congratulations on adopting Angel though. She's beautiful and I'm sure she appreciates having a loving forever home so much. Such a sad but happy story.

·
Registered
131 Posts
She's beautiful. I think you're definitely honoring your beloved cat by opening your home to another in need. About a month after my fiance and I lost our gal, TC, we adopted a kitten. In some ways, he has some quirks that TC had, so it makes us remember her fondly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts