Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will begin when it first happened. As most cats usually have some kind of an effect to new food, and I know that Stanky is really bad about these effects and usually has bad diarrhea. I know this & should of not fed her new food immediately, but like a dummy I did. So Thursday I gave them some new food that the vet gave me. Later that day it went through Stanky. The kitten didn't have a problem until maybe early this week. It's weird b/c Friday I went back to their old food and feed habits. I even made it appoint to only feed them dry food for a couple days. Now Monday Stanky had no problems. Since then both of them have been having diarrhea.

This morning I thought there might be a serious problem. I woke up and Stanky had gone 3 times on the floor. I cleaned that up and then took a shower came back and she had went another time. I don't think this is still from the "new" food I fed back on Thursday. I switched back to the old food since then.

Does anyone know what this might be? I have to call the vet anyways to check if my cat had a dis-temperment shot so I might as well ask about this problem.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*** UPDATE ****

k, I talked to the vet and she said it could be the food, since I did not mix it in and just gave the new stuff to them then switched back to the old stuff it could upset their stomach.

So I am going to wait until Monday and if they don't get better than I will take them to the vet.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It does sound like their tummies are upset. I recently switched Rocky from dry to wet. But once she tried the wet she didn't want the dry anymore. So of course her stomach got upset because she switched so fast and she got diarrhea. I called my vet and was told to put her on baby food - meat only, for 3 days and then try the new food again. It worked. During those 3 days she didn't have the runs anymore. It settled her stomach. I gave her Gerber 2nd foods - turkey. She loved it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*** UPDATE ***

Ok, well hubby just called and said that Stanky had blood in her stool. So I made an appt tomorrow w/the vet. Gosh I hope they are ok :cry:
I have to take both of them in. :cry:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, visit with the vet went good. I really don't know for sure what they have until they get the results back from the lab

The vet gave me some worm meds and then told me to get some tender viddles<sp? This will make hard of a soft situ.

I have a question though. I went to another vet in the office and he said that I would have to get another rabie shot for Envy. Now he just had one b4 I picked him up in June. Why would he need another one if I just had one not too long ago? He also said I would have to come back for a distemper shot. Last week when I took Envy in for a normal check up she stated that I was good until next year. so why is the other vet telling me something different? Are these shots necessary, b/c if Envy has already had them then he should be ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts