Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Took FOREVER to potty train him. He's 5 weeks old now and still not eating from a dish... but we have a poop!

Yay little Ratchet!

If you haven't seen my previous threads on him, he's a little rescue taken in at a day old, weighing barely 2oz (1.8 if you want to get technical) and had barely an fur, premature. Every vet I saw said he wouldn't make it. All his siblings have now past away (a rescue took the other kitts when they were 2 weeks old, they weren't doing so hot with their mom). My little one is alive, thriving, just a little developmentally delayed. My big 1.8lb baby at 5 weeks! I can't believe he's already 5 weeks. I remember wrapping him up and swaying back and forth to calm him down before his eyes were even open. Now he's all grown up and making doodies on his own. *tear

·
Banned
154 Posts
Oh gosh that IS great news!! Who would have thought you (and the rest of us) would be happy to see a pic of Ratchet pooping! Only catlovers would take a pic of their kitty pooping! I'm so glad he is thriving - only because of your love, care and patience!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Go Ratchet!!! Believe me, I know the thrill of getting good poop out of them. Murphy had 2 months of loose stools following a couple rounds of an antibiotic, and when he finally 'went solid' recently I thought I'd have to do a happy dance.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yeah, only a cat lover would understand how emotional, poop can be. If Miu doesn't poop, I get rather distraught and worried. But once she does, I do a victory dance!

·
Banned
154 Posts
You should have seen me dancing around after Mimi had he first poop TWO DAYS after her dental procedure. If anyone saw me they would have really thought I was a nutjob! Even SHE was looking at me like "WHAT? It's just a poop for crying out loud - a normal, bodily function, RELAX"

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hello MissBoots, Ratchet wants me to deliver a message to you: "Stop taking photos of me when I'm doing serious business! Oh parents can be so inapproporate..."

But congrats on the poop news :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I literally sent a picture text of the photo to all of my friends and family, plus Facebook'd it. LOL I'm blessed to have loving and understanding people in my life who don't think I'm loco for taking a photo of poop.

He's had issues with constipation. Now that he's going on his own, he's pooped 3 times in the last 24 hours. When we had to stimulate him we were lucky to get one every four days! This is by FAR a victory!

·
Registered
474 Posts
yay! my kittens are 6 and 7 months old now and i am still happy when i check and see some nice solid poops in the litterbox lol.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ahh I know how you feel! We had 6 months of runny poop, diarrhea almost constantly. The first time Evie did a solid poop, I whooped with joy... and promptly called my OH to come have a look! I still have a smile when I see her solid poop now... twice a day!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
When Star and Lucky were kittens, Lucky was the first one to figure out how to use the litter box. The first time he piddled, my daughter and I wanted to have his tiny pee clump bronzed. Now I don't feel so weird. LOL!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts