Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we took buddy back to the vet and his kidneys had shut down. he hadn't really eaten or drank much in 3 days. the vet said he was suffering and the humane thing to do would be to put him to sleep. we already knew that but it was still very hard to say goodbye to the sweetest coolest cat ever. he was such a gentle handsome boy!

he even shared his window with a crazy little kitten,

and a saucy 9 month old,

RIP baby boy.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Oh Ella, I'm so sorry:'(
The last, most important gift of love you can give...to set them Free to Fly to the Bridge...
No more pain, Sweet Buddy...
(((HUGS))) and Prayers,
Sharon
1428540445595.jpg

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
run free at the rainbow bridge, buddy! you are such a handsome sweet-looking boy.
hugs and kisses to ellag and family. sending warm thoughts your way.:heart

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been with my husband 11 years and today is the first time I ever saw him cry. buddy was his first pet and he is really tore up. I had to beg to get a kitten and he really hated him at first. he didn't want him on the bed so he would shut the door and buddy would scratch and scratch, drove him nuts. buddy finally figured out he wasn't allowed on the bed if dad was in it, but it was ok if just mom was there.

then buddy slowly started being his cat. my husband always prays and meditates when he first gets up in the morning and buddy would sit on the bed with him. anytime dad was on the couch he was right beside him sitting on the arm. buddy rarely meowed but he was so smart and he knew when someone was upset. he was not a lap cat at all but if someone was really upset or crying he would jump in their lap for a while.

when he was little he would wake me up by patting my cheek 3 x and he never unsheathed his claws. always 3 times. when my daughter found our 7 y/o black male cat he was about 3-4 weeks old and near death. his feral mother had abandoned him. he was the most pitiful looking kitten you ever saw. he looked like a drowned rat so that's how he got the name ratman but after just a few hisses buddy took over as his mama. he curled up with him and made sure he kept clean. it was so cute how he acted like a mama cat. ratman has been looking for him but tucker is keeping him company. it's a good thing he came along when he did. we are really going to miss him. thanks everyone..

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
So many of us have lost our beloved cats! I hope Buddy will say hi to all our sweet furbabies that have past on! I understand how much this hurts!

angel with cat Jim Shore.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
Im sorry for your loss, before smokey died I have not shed a tear for over 25 years since I was around 12-13 years old..

I still have days of waking up only to realize a part of me is missing, 2 months later the tears can still flow just as easily as it was yesterday..

Being a man I have no shame crying from the most tender part of my heart,. The loss of my pet was the single most devastating blow I have experienced and I have been threw a lot, it has changed me...

Time will ease the pain although that in itself is painful

Sorry for your loss, he was a very handsome boy, it eases my own pain knowing others are going threw the same thing and we are not alone

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oh, how heartbreaking to hear this. Buddy was a gorgeous and very sweet cat. He will always be in your and your husband's heart, I'm sure. It's always so hard to let them go :( Hugs to you and your family for losing your beloved cat.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Oh I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Buddy. What a handsome boy he is, too. Eternal petpets to him, and gentle hugs for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts