·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Mabe an Ark

·
Banned
605 Posts
In my part of the country it is dryer than dry. I'm in the middle of the corn belt too so prices are going to go up soon as the farmers are not able to even water it. We have water restrictions in most places.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Dave, we are also in a dry part of the country. Our trees are in the process of dying (still losing branches) due to the drought for the last three years.

Since Debbie is over-blessing y'all with rain, could you send some to us please? TIA.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We had 11 Inches in 24 hours. I'd like to see sun again

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
you get 11 inches, colorado is burning down. oh wait, it was raining last week (you know, the kind where it's so hot the rain never actually hits the ground) and lightning started the flagstaff fire.

even if we ban all our fireworks displays, mother nature will gladly take up the slack.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All fireworks should be banned for the sake of kittey ears...everywhere....forever.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
awwwwww. but they're pretty. the ones at coors field (the only one that will be allowed because it's all concrete down here) doesn't bother them, but the ones on new year's eve do because they do it 1/2 block away.

one county even got an injunction against selling them, which was good, but not all of them can. i'd like to see fewer children with their hands blown to hamburger from having running roman candle fights, though.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
At my new place, I can hear (and partially see) the Sea World fireworks. Every. Single. Night.

Fortunately, they're only from 9:50 to 10:00 p.m., but still. Quite loud and it freaks the girls out sometimes. Even me, if I'm not paying attention to the time. I thought one night my neighbor was setting off M80's.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Around here the organized fireworks are only asmall part of it. There will be fireworks all around the hood for a few days before and after. The closets will be about launched from about 20 feet from our front windows. Some will explode almost over the house. Kitteys will be terrified.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
At my new place, I can hear (and partially see) the Sea World fireworks. Every. Single. Night.

Fortunately, they're only from 9:50 to 10:00 p.m., but still. Quite loud and it freaks the girls out sometimes. Even me, if I'm not paying attention to the time. I thought one night my neighbor was setting off M80's.
so you're running around grabbing cats in one hand and packing with the other, "armageddon"! set your alarm. it has taken me a few years but i still forget sometimes that any time there is going to be a parade, it will be early and it will be very loud and all the cats will pile on top of me in bed.

private party fireworks have been banned in most of the counties except for jefferson i think but i don't get why they're still allowed to sell them. it doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be comforting kitties. Not only are there a lot of fireworks but at Christmas and now on July 4th the local fire dept runs their trucks around blasting their horns and sirens as part of the celebration.

I wouldn't love that even without the cats.

Hey!! You kids. Get off my lawn!!

"
Follow Palm Harbor Fire Rescue Training Chief Tim Pilson and the #66 Fire Engine.
You may or may not go on the following route: (we can't guarantee where Chief Tim will take you, but this is a pretty good guess!) North on Orange to Orchid Ln, turn around, then go south on Orange St. (really!) turn right on Shore Dr., follow Shore Dr. to Bay Shore, turn right on Bay St. to Orange St. and end up where you began.
The fun continues Saturday evening. The 15-minute fireworks show begins at 9:00 p.m. over Lundren Cove! "

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
that sounds kind of insane. time to go all dexter on them. okay, don't kill them surreptitiously and cut them up, just sneak into the firehouse and disable all the alarms.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts