Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone so I know its been a while since I've shared about the kitties especially since losing Millie. However I wanted to update everyone on Sophie and Mama's weight loss journey and see if anyone may have any additional tips for helping them out. Sophie has officially lost all the weight she needed to lose and Mama just has another 4lbs to go. Oreo is still fine weight wise. Everyone is now officially on strictly wet food we have cut dry out completely. I have also upped exercise as well. Does anyone have any additional suggestions on how I can help Mama lose the final few pounds she needs to lose? I have considered hydrotherapy but I'm unsure of if we have anywhere that isn't too far of a drive that provides that.

·
Super Moderator
26,381 Posts
Congratulations on Sophie's weight loss! The problem I had with my girls was one of them eating the other's food. Does Mama by any chance finish anyone else's food? I had to feed my girls separately. Even with wet food, portion control is key. Has Mama been checked by a vet to see if there are any medical reasons for the extra weight?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! In the past she use to get into others foods but I put a stop to that by feeding everyone in separate places and making sure no one has access to each others food. We actually just did annual exams, distemper shots and blood work on all the kitties on Monday. Everything checked out clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts