Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitty is just now four months old and weighs 5.5 pounds. Is this alot for a kitten this age? She is full blooded bengal and her dad weighed 13 pounds and her mother was 9. How long does it take a cat to reach their mature height/ideal weight? Thanks for the information :wink: Malinda and Chi Chi

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It depends on the breed. 5.5 punds for a four month old devon rex would count as a very big kitten but since your kitten is a bengal I would think it's quite normal. Bur i'm not sure, I'm no expert on bengals.

It takes about a year for a cat to reach their mature size.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This is the first kitty I've had and I didn't know. She can grow as tall as she wants too:) And fill out so long as she doesn't "look" too heavy! Thanks :lol: Malinda and Chi Chi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that when I brought her home two and a half weeks ago, she had been to the vet for her last shots that morning and weighed 4.5 pounds. I hopped on my own digital scale myself, then with her and it was accurate. I recently did it again and it said that she weighed 5.5 lb. She also has stood on it while I've been in the bathroom and it shows 5.5 too :wink:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Two things- I was taking her in periodically to the vet and having her weighed, because the vet said she would be ready to be spayed once she was 4 lbs. Also, I brought her in to the office a couple of times and weighed her on the postage meter. I really think that was more accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts