Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat has this strange routine with my robe. I leave it on the bottom of the bed every morning. He usually, when he gets tired jumps up on the bed and kneads the robe before falling asleep, but for the past few days he's been acting strange with it. He starts by standing over it then pulling the robe with his teeth so that it rubs over the bottom of him. He then walks with it between him until it falls out of his mouth. He sort of squats over it and rubs himself. Like a dog would rub themselves on a carpet. I'm worried it's worms, or is it something else? Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Both dogs and cats (usually males but not always) will sometimes do this behavior. Kneading the robe is a self-soothing behavior a lot of cats do as it reminds them of doing this action on their momacat's tummy which stimulated her to "let down" her milk. With your scent on it, stimulates him to do it even more. My son had a Yorkie that would do it to soft robes and blankets, but then focused on one of their kids' teddy bears. So they let him have it as his "sex bear". I'm pretty sure it isn't worms, but the soft material and your scent on it can stimulate this kind of behavior....it's normal behavior.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
My bathrobe fell off its hanger yesterday and as I had imagined, Prince had a feast of it. I don't have the heart to pick it up and toss it in the washing machine yet, he loves it so much! On top of everything, it even has a nice strap to play with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts