Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Token, my 18 week old kitten, will grab onto the back of my girlfriends hand and hold on. She says he doesn't bite hard, just firmly. Then he positions himself straddling (sp?) her arm and try to get both back feet to balance on her arm. We can't decide if he is trying to hump her arm, or to show that he is dominant to her. He never does this with me. He first did this the night before he got neutered, and she had taken away his food. He was hungry and kept staring at the food container and then jumping on the bed to get her attention. Then he ran over and did this little weird thing. We just assumed he was trying to drag her in that direction. He has resumed this thing in the last few weeks, and we don't really know what he is doing. Anyone else ever experienced this?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
He's actually playing. We highly discourage this. Do NOT use your hands or feet as toys. Walk away and ignore the kitten when she does this.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly don't think he is playing as his ears are laid back, and his tail is poofy. He also gets highly irritated when he is removed from her hand, and then tries slapping us with his paws. He is never aggressive, only on these few occasions. I also think its weird he has never tried it on me.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If he's biting the wrist, then moving his hindlegs slowly, yes its humping. But if hes biting the hand, holding on with front paws, and hiting with his back legs, its playing.

Neutering should have fixed his humping problem. But if not done early enough, it can be habbit forming like spraying.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's not hitting with his back legs, just standing on her arm. Oh well, he's just a weirdo I guess. :) thats alright though, we still love him!

·
Registered
672 Posts
My cat Sugar (now lives with my parents) used to do this and he was a neutered male. I know what you are talking about, he is biting the back of the hand and straddling, but not humping or kicking like a bunny at the arm. Sugar would sometimes do it to me and my sisters by surprise so all we had to do was pry his little mouth open and remove our hands before he had a chance to bite down hard. He would still leave bite marks though! He did get mad that we would take our hands away but we just avoided him until he left the room or calmed downn. He stopped doing this when he got to be around 6 years old.

I have never found a reason for him doing it but I suspect it is either a sexual or a dominance thing. Either that or some cats are just weirdos. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts