Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I would like your help/opinion on a problem we're facing with our 4yr old cat. She's a fixed female cat, yet she insists on marking/peeing the shower curtain. Although I'm kinda thankful she does it there and only there (and not in any other part of the house), it starts to get on my nerves.

We thought to remove the curtain and see what happens, but guess what? She pied on the toilet seat (Nop, she didn't lift the cover :D ).

Her box (which is also in the same bathroom) is always clean. I've tried using those sprays that supposedly keep cats away, but it seems our cat is like that Zed character from the Police Academy movies; she likes it...

Any ideas???

Thank you 8)

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Is this a fairly new behavior? She could have a Urinary Tract Infection or crystals. So if it's something new, the first thing to do would be a vet visit to rule out a medical issue.

If it's not new, there are a whole host of things that could be causing a behavioral issue...let us know how long this has been going on and whether she uses the box to pee at all or if it's always somewhere else and we'll go from there....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, this has been going on for a year or so, mostly on an on/off basis (i.e. she would do it 2 weeks in the row, then take a break for a week, etc.). Nowadays it's an almost daily habit. She does use the box as well, and overall she is a very healthy, playful and happy cat, so I would think it's clearly behavioral.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts