Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photographing cats are hard. Getting cats to pose for you is even harder, if not impossible. Add then the will to take a photo of TWO cats at the same time and wanting them to pose, or at least look at the camera (or very near the camera so it looks like they are posing) is completely and utterly impossible. It's almost as hard as winning the crazy million lottery.

Well... OK, I might just exaggerate a just a tiny bit, to make you feel very impressed with me. I've been trying to take a nice photo of Sam and Suzy together for a long time, but it's always something that keeps them from sitting close together and look at the camera (or near it). It's easier to take a photo of them by themselves and I've done that a few times.

This very rare photo is one of those times where it was ALMOST perfect. Suzy is not really focused on the camera but the toy just above the camera and Sam is also a bit weird looking (he is having his head back a bit, he normally looks a lot more handsome) and is looking a bit over me.

One day.... Yes, One day I will take that photo where they BOTH are looking their best and looking at ME and my camera lens.

Until then....

This photo will do.

Suzy to the left and Sam to the right

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Petra, i know this may not have been the shot you were looking for, but this looks like it came straight out of magazine. I can't believe this has not been retouched or modified in some way. It's perfect. You have an amazing talent.

And, they are just the most gorgeous little siblings I've ever seen!

·
Registered
672 Posts
They are adorable!

Is there a name for that little line of fur that Siamese cats seem to have around their chest and neck area ?

Kota has it and Stix doesnt, I call it her little "swirlies".

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
That's funny I never noticed it before. Now that you point it out, it reminds me of my dog. She had the same thing.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
So cute!
Oh and...."We are Siamese if you please...." :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
That picture is amazing!! You are such a great photographer... I love all of your kitty pictures.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That is a stunning picture. I'm sure Cleveland just waits for the camera click then turns his butt at me!

·
Registered
281 Posts
shlanon said:
...."We are Siamese if you please...." :D
that was just what i was thinking when i saw that picture! it is such an amazing shot, i can hardly get my one kitten to pose like that, i cant imagine trying to get two! i think it looks perfect as it is, you dont really notice suzy isn't really focusing on the camera until someone mentions it, to me it looks very proffesional. well done!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!!! :D

Can't say that they were posing really... I am a mean person and tricked them to look at the same thing... but I do must say it's hard to hold the camera in one hand, trying to hold a toy or something to keep their attention in the other and make sure you get them both in the frame. One out of 50 shots were good... well, I gave up after 50 shots and this was the last one and then I gave up. :roll: :D

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
This is an artisitic picture and can be interpreted in so many ways - I enjoy both the quality and the beauty of your babies

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Wow, what a great picture! I love their little so called 'swirlies' near their chest, I always have to touch Sugar's and its so soft too :D

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Petra you have incredible talent. its always a joy to see your photos. You should do this for a living unless you already do??? wow what a shot of Sam and Suzy. Im blown away by the compositions of your photos.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are all so nice! Once we move to a house I might set up a little studio, so I can do some portraits on the side. Not as a profession, but some (hopefully) paying hobby. :)

·
Registered
706 Posts

BEAUTIFUL picture!!!!! They're both so ADORABLE!!! :lol: :)

and i think the "swirlies" teehee are maybe just because they're hair is short, really short. i could be rong tho!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wold define that pic as PERRRRFECT!!! :D

Could you take a pic of that of two cats and two ferts????? THAN i would be impressed :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts