Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Cheryl, and I work at a not-for-profit, free range, no kill cat shelter in New York. We have FIV and FeLV cats, as well as special needs, seniors, etc. (Let me state now that I love my life and job. :) )

I'm on here to gather some information about FIV+ cats and feeding, as well as higher nutrition for negative cats. I'll be adopting an FIV cat named Chip who has microphthalmia (so he has, essentially, an empty eye socket) as well as abnormally short legs and a short tail. He was trapped in September by me and rushed to the animal ER when I saw that he had no eye - I was terrified something had happened! Of course, it's genetic...my luck. :p He also has no canine teeth - they were removed, as they were all broken. We suspect while outside, he was so hungry, he was eating rocks.
Being as he is positive, he took residency in my shelter, and will soon come home to me. I am trying to weigh raw food diet vs. all natural, store-bought diet.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the forums Cheryl! There are some real smart cookies around here, I hope you find all the answers you seek. I would love to hear more about your fur babies, and of course to see pictures :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
HI, and welcome to a fellow new member! It sounds like you are doing great work for many cats who otherwise wouldn't have a chance at life. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! That's awesome that you work at a shelter. We need more people like you.

We need more local animal shelters and fish stores these days. All the ones I go to or near me aren't walking distances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts