Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost got to declare myself a deity yesterday! I raise the dead!

My room is full of dried plant samples. I have dry vases and dry vases and shelves full of plants I've collected over the last thirteen years. Naturally, they're all brown and dried out. They've been that way for years.

But I walked by one yesterday morning...and saw it was turning a beautiful, beautiful green again. Not growing mold, but actually green like the color of a glass bottle. It was lovely. It was also a year dead.

I almost dropped in my tracks. I was scared of it for a minute.

Then I started considering how to proclaim a cult in my name.

Then I leaned in front of the resurrected plant.

What are the chances? I have a window full of prisms, and one of them sent out a rainbow strictly containing the green part of the spectrum. I leaned in front of the rainbow, and my plant was brown again.

:cry:

So much for ten seconds of fame...

·
Registered
515 Posts
That sounds like an interesting hobby TrinityQuiet.
I'm curious as to what made you start collecting blown dried plants.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
cat1963 said:
That sounds like an interesting hobby TrinityQuiet.
I'm curious as to what made you start collecting blown dried plants.

Yeah, THAT. Care to 'splain yourself Trinity??? I'm sure stumped :wink: .

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got brown dried plants. I collect plants, which eventually dry and turn brown, because they look like this ;)

Sadly, they do collect as much dust as the green ones
:( It's a conspiracy. But when I try to dust the brown ones, they crumble to pieces.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
TrinityQuiet said:
I've got brown dried plants. I collect plants, which eventually dry and turn brown, because they look like this ;)

Sadly, they do collect as much dust as the green ones
:( It's a conspiracy. But when I try to dust the brown ones, they crumble to pieces.

Oh, THOSE kinds of dried plants! Ha,ha, heck I've got those myself only I bought them in a hobby shop or they were already arranged for me. I've got a grapevine wreath in my bedroom that I've had for years and the last time I cleaned it was also several years ago. I used one of those silk flower spray cleaners on it. I think maybe they 'treat' the dried plants in the florists, somehow or another. Funny, I just now looked closely at that 'ol wreath and there's nary a dustbunny or cat hair on it! WHAT....... how's that possible 8O ?? I mean, I've got 6 cats for cry'n out loud!

[oh, I know..... the dustbunnys are all under the bed and the cat hairs are all on my clothes or on top of the beds and other furniture]

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just remembered...........I once DID make a dried plant arrangement. It was quite large and I used wild pampas grass [from the side of roads], cattails [also from the side of the road. Sprayed them with regular aerosol hairspray to prevent them from bursting], and some errr, dried dark brown 'stuff' that was growing in all the cornfields around here]. It came out quite fetching, actually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts