Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few weeks ago Maggie drowned in a neighbours pool (post in the rainbow bridge section). Now, the dog at my moms shop burned because the shop burned. He was normally a yard dog/guard dog but her boss brought him in the shop for the night because of the expected hot weather this weekend....

so i want to know, can they actually feel being burned? The fireman said (my mom works with an animal nut) that he would have passed out from smoke inhaling before the flames got to him but... is that true? Or was that just said to comfort her??

They say a computer started it. Now im afraid that we have anything plugged in at all, here at home. the next times we all leave at the same time i probably wont not think about that for a while... ugh.

Hopefully this marks the end of animal trauma for me for like, at least 10 years?? Id say ive had my share.....

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
That poor baby. Yes, the smoke inhalation usually gets to the being before the fire, so that is one thing that I hope makes you all feel a little better.

((HUGS))

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know dogs hate fire... i couldnt imagine how scared he was before... there was fire and he couldnt get out/away from it.

I hope that maybe he was sleeping and just continued sleeping.... but i cant be sure.... :(

if he were out in the yard there would still be a change of inhaling too much smoke... but at least chances would have been better. so much for avoiding the heat...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my mom has come back home since, and she assured me that where he was didnt burn. So, he is still gone due to smoke, but not the horrible way i was picturing. There was also no claw marks on the door or anything (he was chained up in the back, which luckily was the safest place for him). So, he must have just been sleeping and didnt wake up. (it was about 6:30am)

They saw the firefighters bring him out and he just looked like he was sleeping, not a scratch on him. So, that makes me feel better. Although choking to death cant be fun... Im glad he didnt burn.

The firefighters brought him to the humane society who will probably cremate him anyway, which is essentially burning him, so technically he still will... but not in that tragic way... thankfully. Im glad he wasnt awake to be terrified,.... i just hated the idea that he was so scared and nobody could help him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts