Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As everyone knows, I caught and had Patches my resident stray snipped. I put him in the safe room for a few days to heal up. well he began slipping out at meal times to go on mini adventures around the house. Last night he refused to go back into the safe room and has shown no interest in going back outside. to the point of running back inside if he is set out on the porch.

I think I got adopted. again.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
A smart cat knows a good thing when they see it.
Cold unfriendly world outside, nice warm house with wonderful lady and good food inside.
Easy decision.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cold unfriendly world outside, nice warm house with wonderful lady and good food inside.
Easy decision.
Teehee; exactly! Mama didn't raise no fool when it comes to Patches!

Congratulations on #5! And congrats to Patches for finding you - he's a lucky kitty.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lol. It was kinda funny. Yesterday it was snowing a bit and I opened the door to watch for the school bus. Patches decided to see what was up since he had been in the habit of walking me to the bus stop. He stepped out onto the porch hissed at the falling snow and ran back inside.

Truthfully I am super surprised at the fact he has free run of the house and none of the other cats or the 2 dogs give him a hard time. Once or twice he gave them a hiss if they started sniffing way to close for comfort, but all in all it's no more then cats normally do when they just need a moment alone. He has staked out my son's bed as the place to be at night though. None of the other cats mind in the least since one sleeps with my daughter and the rest allow me and my OH to share the bed with them.

I just know he is a house cat someone lost. but I really have no way of locating the people he belongs to. Vet didn't find a microchip on him, and I was so hoping.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow, change Patches to Trevor and 5 to 3 and I am reading a post I made earlier in the week!

:p Congrats to the both of you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Easy decision.
I love that he hissed at the snow, like "I can't believe I used to live out here! Screw this!!!" :) So happy for Patches. ♥

1 - 9 of 9 Posts