Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - I think we found another winner over the fancy feast! It seems that my kitty really loves his sea food. The Wellness - Sardines, Shrimp and Crab is currently his favorite - having eaten almost half of the can all by himself! He ate about 2 teaspoons of the Chicken and Lobster at once. The other can - which taste escapes me was not so popular... if I can figure out which one I will post - but he loved the Sardines, Shrimp and Crab... so happy.

Anyone else notice that they don't have the Wellness: Sardines, Shrimp and Crab nor Wellness: Chicken and Lobster on their main page? It's really weird that my cat's two favorites (probably new flavors) are no listed... weird. I can still find them on petfooddirect.com though.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S.

The only weird thing I found about this food - is that my cat looked like he was crying after he ate it. He is a Persian/Himmie so I assumed he is experiencing the trademark tearing - the weird thing is he has never done that before. Maybe it was so delicious... that he cried...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I too noticed that those two flavors were not on the Wellness website.
Glad you're finding something he'll eat that is better than fancy feast! Try to incorporate the other flavors in his diet too. I think there is a Chicken and Salmon or something. Atleast he'll be getting some chicken and not all fish. No matter what though, it's so good to hear he's taking well to something new. Good for you!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I think its Chicken and Herring, then there's Turkey and Salmon. I've wanted to try some of the seafood they make because I figure if he's going to get fish every now and then, it may as well be the good stuff from Wellness. The first time I bought a lot of brands I just got a few flavors from different brands. One of which was the Chicken and Lobster. Addison wouldn't touch it. I paid like $0.10 extra for that flavor and the little stinker turned his nose up! I'm just glad I didn't buy a case of it like I have to do on petfooddirect.

I may try to shrimp and crab one sooner or later.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OsnobunnieO said:
I paid like $0.10 extra for that flavor and the little stinker turned his nose up!
They charged you extra for the lobster? Weird - where I live all cans are the same price.

OsnobunnieO said:
I'm just glad I didn't buy a case of it like I have to do on petfooddirect.
Ooooh yes - that is exactly what we did - we bought all 7 flavors in 3 oz cans. We definitly did NOT want him to hate a flavor - especially after buying a whole case of it. =P We figured that after we moved - if we needed to buy cases of food...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wellness?

I had read somewhere, I can't remeber where, that some cats had developed FUS eating the Wellness foods. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My LPS doesn't carry Sardines, Shrimp and Crab or Chicken and Lobster. I might try it if I ever see it at the store.

I haven't heard that Wellness has caused FUS. My own experience is that it has kept Sabby's urine fairly dilute because he's getting more water and there's so few carbs in the food that there's very little sugar in his urine as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts