Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello! My husband and I are going to be new parents in a few weeks. We're adopting 2 sibling kittens from our local animal shelter (RSPCA). I thought it would be a good idea to read about some of your personal experiences and get some questions answered from the pros (you!). :D There's only so much detail obtained from books, and most of the time you end up reading the same things! And they certainly can't cover everything, so I know this will be a great place to learn all about the wonderful world of cats.

As a side note, anyone else from the UK??

Cheers,
Beth

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
We have plenty of members from the UK, and we'll be glad to answer any questions for you.

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hiya,

I'm in the UK and soon to be a proud owner of two male Bengal Kittens.

I'm also new to these forums too. There is alot of interesting a useful information on here for you. Alot more than you would ever get in a book.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Beth and welcome to the forum! Ask any questions you may have and remember that the only silly question is the one you did not ask. People here are always willing to help others.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi again,

Thanks for your kind welcomes. :) We live in Kent, not too far from the London border.

Welllll.....they're here!! :) Two little girls - a black & white (Bella) and a grey & white (Sable). They've been adjusting to the house (and us!) for the past 3 days and seem to be doing well. They stay in the lounge during the day and we move them upstairs to an empty bedroom at night (along with all their belongings :) ) I've certainly found out how out of shape I am huffing everything backwards and forwards! LOL They're getting 2 of everything from now on! :) Today I let them out to explore a little more of the house. It's so funny watching them slink around sniffing everything! Bella is definitely the braver of the two. Sable will follow her around once "big sis" has made sure everything is okay. :)

I promise to post some photos as soon as my hubby can find the technical gizmo to upload pictures from our digital camera.

See you all around the boards,
Beth

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I'll bet you're really happy to have them home with you. Congratulations, MOM. By the way, my father was from a town near Exeter. My cousins are still living in the same small town he was born in. My mother, brother, and sister were all born in Glasgow. I really want to go "home," as Mom called it. I guess part of my heart is there. :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Even if I'm not a Brit, I think us Europeans should keep together against those yankies *giggles*

Welcome to the forum and congratulations to the new family members. They sound adorable! Post pictures SOON! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts