Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out there are many more options for raw here on the west end of Canada than there were out east, so (for now) we started out with raw again--a commercial brand called Spring Meadows Natural Pet Food. It's not my long-term ideal (it says it's good for dogs AND cats, and don't dogs need a higher bone content than cats?) but it was affordable and until I can find out more about where to buy better raw ingredients we're going to stick with that, supplemented with a small amount of grain free canned. Both cats have had no problems transitioning back onto the raw, only turned up their noses at it for a day or so and are now wolfing it down!

I have to say, I was anticipating this entire move and re-transition to be a lot more difficult than it has been!

Now all I have to do is find a good vet and a good kennel and we're all set!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awesome! Both that you're back on raw and that your trip has been so much less stressful than anticipated! :kittyturn

As for the Spring Meadows cat/dog food, just watch out for straining in the litter box; if you see the slightest sign of any, swapping one of your three daily meals for a plain meat meal (chicken, turkey, etc.) will balance the high bone content.

AC
Will do. They're about 75/25 raw/grain free canned right now so I'm anticipating few problems if any but I would love to get them chewing again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts